Good morning and happy Friday! I am up in Michigan for the weekend visiting family before the big move to Texas next week (so soon!?). I’m trying to soak up these last few days of cool Michigan fall weather—my absolute favorite time of year—because I know I won’t be getting ANY of it in Dallas:( Most people would probably be excited about moving to a warmer climate, but I am a Michigan girl through and through, and I definitely enjoy the cooler weather. Despite not looking forward to the weather, I am getting more excited about moving. Still a little nervous, but I have a feeling everything (besides the weather) is going to work out great.
Without further ado, here is my list of Friday Favorites for the week…
5. Saying goodbye to our business in Fort Wayne. It wasn’t even all that bittersweet—it was basically all relief. This past year has been very stressful on James and on myself, and it was nice to be able to say goodbye to one of those unnecessary stressors in our lives. I have a feeling we will be a LOT happier in the coming days.
4. Celebrating James’ dad’s birthday up at their campground last weekend.We got to spend some quality time with his family last weekend before we take off for Texas. It was great to see everyone, and enjoy some more wonderful Midwestern weather (sad face).
3. Saying goodbye to friends this week. It’s not exactly a fun thing to say goodbye to friends, but it has definitely been good to catch up and see people I haven’t been able to see for a while. I will definitely miss friends when we are in Texas, but now I can fully utilize my Skype account:)
2. Spending time with my family in Grand Rapids this week/weekend. I am going to miss them so much. It’s been great to spend some time with them before I leave, and I’m looking forward to spending more time with them this weekend as well.
1. Texas. I may be nervous and sad from saying goodbye to friends and family, but there is still a little bit of excitement in my heart. I like to travel and experience new things, so I am looking forward to this new chapter in our lives—even though it may be a little bittersweet. I can’t wait to see what God is going to do in our lives over the next few months and years.
Anyways, there’s the list. Hope you all are having a great week, and will have an even better weekend! God Bless:)