Sometimes I forget to be thankful for the little [and big] things in life. Its not that I’m not grateful, it’s just that I get so preoccupied that I forget to be thankful. Know what I mean? Sometimes I like to make a list of the things that have happened lately in my life that I truly am grateful for. It’s a good reminder to look for the little things in life that sometimes escape my consciousness. So, here’s my list from the week!
Thankful Top Five Of The Week:
5. Our amazing new apartment. Seriously, it rocks. And God has truly provided for us in a difficult season of transition this fall. So incredibly blessed to have a place to stay, food to eat, a wonderful husband and a spunky little kitty. Things haven’t always gone according to plan, but God has always provided, no matter what.
4. James found a new job! Like I said, it’s been a season of transition, but the Lord has really cared for us, and has brought James just the right job for him. I’m so thankful that we both have work, and are able to use our God-given abilities in the work place. Looking forward to all God has in store for us professionally in the future.
3. People who love me. God has blessed me with the most amazing family, and even though I’m quite far away from the majority of them, I still feel their love from across the country. If I didn’t love them as much as I did, I wouldn’t miss them as much as I do, so I guess it’s kind of a little blessing in disguise. The silver lining. And of course I have James, who is always thoughtful and wonderful J Oh, and Samson.
2. Fall weather! I miss the north, Michigan fall, crisp autumn mornings and crackling leaves. But, God has given me some great cooler weather this past week, and I am so grateful! Even though I can’t be home right now, the cooler weather makes it a little easier to be far away.
1. I have a strong, healthy body. It’s been a struggle for me these past months dealing with leg injuries. I so desperately want to be able to run without pain, and even though I am able to run a little bit now, it’s hard to be patient and take things slow when all I want to do is keep running. But, I’m so grateful that I am able to run at all. I’m thankful for my health, strength and overall well-being. Even though I may not be exactly where I want physically at the moment, I am able to be active, and that is something to be thankful for any day.
So, there you have it. What are some things that you are thankful for today? What has God been doing in your life recently?