So…it’s been a couple weeks since my last Thankful Thursday post, so I thought I would bring it back this week! It’s always a good reminder, at least for me, to remember to be thankful for the little things God is doing in my life instead of just watching and waiting on the big things to unfold. He is doing something new and good every single day – even if it feels monotonous at the time, it’s important to remember the little things.
5. Awesome family. My sister in law in getting married this weekend, and I am so incredibly excited for her and her soon-to-be husband. I wish we lived closer so I could have helped more with the planning, but I know everything will come together perfectly. It will be nice to see family again, something I definitely miss in living so far away from everyone.
4. Colder weather moving in! Well, this past weekend was about 86 degrees, but the future forecast is showing temperatures in the low 50’s and upper 40’s – hooray! Also, on another positive note [in my opinion at least] it’s supposed to be 35 degrees on Saturday in Indiana, and it might even snow a little bit! I might freak out just a little bit if that happens. Out of pure joy, that is.
3. My wonderful husband! He is awesome. I miss my family back in Michigan pretty much all the time, but there’s no way I would be able to be this far away from home without James. Moving so far away was a tough choice, but overall it has brought us closer together, strengthened our marriage, and taught us how to rely on God and each other for everything. So happy to be on this journey with him.
2. The holidays are just around the corner! Yay! Seriously, this is my absolute favorite time of the year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years – I love it all! Especially Christmas though. And Christmas music.
1. Running. Over the past couple months I’ve been [very, very, very] slowly building up my mileage again after taking some time off to let an old injury truly heal up. And when I say slowly, I mean excruciatingly slowly, because every time I’ve tried to start back up again in the past, I’ve always gone too fast and ended up hurting myself again. Not this time. This time I decided to do it right and take my time, and my patience has paid off! I’m finally back up to three miles again! Praise God! One of my life goals is to run a half marathon [maybe a marathon – but a half for starters], so this is one big step in the right direction.
So there you have it. What are you thankful for this week?