Wow. I seriously can’t believe that it’s already Thursday again. Where is the time going?? Also, we’re going to hit November next week, which is another CRAZY thought. November 1st is officially the day, in keeping with tradition, that my mom and I both begin listening to Christmas music – and I’m getting pretty excited about that!
Anyways, I thought I would reflect back on the week and share a few things that I am thankful for. I like the idea of “Thankful Thursday’s” – it’s good accountability for me to remember the many blessings God has placed in my life. So, without further ado, here is my list of thankfuls for the week…
5. Texas. Yes, there are times when I don’t really like it. There are times when I feel incredibly homesick, and the only thing I want in the whole world is to just go home and see my family. And there are times when I become extremely frustrated with the local weather patterns [read: heat waves are horrible, and I seriously miss the snow]. But, overall, Texas is a great place to be. The people are great, the weather is decent [at least right now] and the community is amazing. Also, the State Fair is pretty cool too.
4. Pumpkins. James and I got our pumpkin this past weekend [ we decided to share one, since last year we only ended up carving one of the two anyways], and we even got a baby one for little Samson. Don’t think we’re going to carve that one, but it’s still a pretty cute little pumpkin.
3. I get to see my mom in one week from tomorrow! Yay! She’s coming for a brief visit the first weekend in November, and I’m so excited to see her. We’re going to listen to Christmas music, take walks and probably do some shopping, and maybe even some baking/cooking. We’ll see how adventurous we feel. I wish my brother and dad could come too, but at least I’ll get some quality mother-daughter time in 🙂 And Samson is excited to see his grandma!
2. Mornings. Never thought I would say this, but I’m thankful for mornings. This is my third week of getting up at 6am every morning, and I have to tell you, I’m surprised how much more energy I have had during the day. I’ve been working out and doing my quiet time before work, so that after work I can focus on writing, working on the blog, and formatting query letters for my book. Early rising = mad productivity. And surprisingly, I haven’t really been that tired during the day like I thought I would be. So far, so good!
1. I’m going to be an aunt! I can finally say this because the official announcement has been made – James’ brother and his wife are going to have a baby! James and I are both so excited for them, and we can’t wait to see the little one in May! Yay!
So, there you have it! What are some things that you are thankful for this week?