Hello and Happy Friday! It’s been a busy week with moving and unpacking all of our stuff, but I can now say that we are officially moved in! Yay. Just hung pictures on the walls last night, and unpacked the last bit of stuff. Still have a few various projects to do—like putting my desk together (which is still in a box), and organizing the spare closet so I can fit more into it (ha) but overall things are looking pretty good around here. So, here is my list of Friday favorites for the week…hope you all had a great week as well:)
5. Samson’s scratching post. Sounds like an odd favorite thing, but it is so funny to watch him on it. His grandma (my mom haha) wanted to get him a present, so we settled on this cool little scratching post for him to play on. It came with catnip to sprinkle into the scratching part, and let me tell you, he LOVES catnip. He was so hyper that first night he used it, I didn’t think he would ever settle down. But, eventually he crashed, and everything was all good. But seriously, it was so entertaining to watch.
4. While out exploring the other day, James and I stumbled upon a Bubble Tea shop. Now I’ve never had bubble tea before this week, but let me tell you—I am hooked! It was so good, we’ve already gone back for a second trip. We actually went last night, and I had a pumpkin pie smoothie (not tea, I know) and it was seriously amazing. I’m sure we will be back again.
3. Getting to skype with my parents! We finally got Internet in our apartment last week, so we were able to skype with my parents (and kitty). Ah it was SO good to be able to see them and talk to them. I miss them both so much. Thank goodness for skype when you can’t be there in person:)
2. We’ve been having some beautiful weather this week. So nice, I can’t even complain much about missing those brisk Michigan fall days. (Even though I do still miss them very much). It’s been sunny and warm during the day, and cool at night—perfect. I still find myself thinking that I am on vacation—not used to this warm October weather yet I guess. Still, I can’t complain. I even saw a tree with some reddish looking leaves the other day—sort of like fall! Ha.
1. OUR FURNITURE and BED and KITCHEN SUPPLIES finally came this week. We had a small misunderstanding with the first moving company (ahem…scam) that we tried to use, so we ended up having to wait two and half weeks for our furniture to come using another (much better) mover. I have never been so grateful for a bed in my life. This whole ordeal has really made me grateful and appreciative for the things that I have. It finally is starting to feel like home here in our new apartment, which is definitely a good thing!
Well, that about wraps it up. Hope you all are having a fabulous day, and have a fun fall weekend planned! God Bless:)