Hello and Happy Friday! Hope you all are having a great day so far. It’s looking like it’s supposed to storm this weekend, which I am a little bit excited about:) I know I’ve said it before, but I love weather–storms, rain, snow, whatever…love it all. So, fingers crossed for some stormy weather (must be that midwestern, Lake Michigan loving blood in me…or something) Well, I thought I would share my Friday Favorites from the week. It’s been a good week overall, and God has been blessing us tremendously as we continue to put our trust and faith in him. So, without further ado, here are my favorites from the week! (Oh, and as a side not, feel free to comment on this post with your own favorites from the week. Sometimes just writing down the things you’re thankful for really helps change your perspective from negative to positive–at least it helps me!)
5. The many faces of Samson. I know, I know I must sound like a crazy cat lady, but seriously he is so cute. My iPhone is literally loaded with pictures of him doing all sorts of crazy things–he’s just too entertaining to pass up!
|Sneaking the last of my chicken tortilla soup.|
|Just got so tired…I couldn’t make it the rest of the way…|
4. Finally…some fall colors! If you’ve been reading for awhile, you’ll understand my frustration in missing out on the Midwestern fall which I love so much. I miss the apple orchards, chilly fall days, hot apple cider, and most of all, the beautiful fall colors. But, this week I’ve begun to notice some leaves changing colors…right here in Texas. It’s amazing! This probably sounds really silly, but in a way the colors remind me of home, and make it a little easier to be away from my family during this time of year.
|Right Outside our Apartment.|
3. Christmas Music! Ha. It just puts me in such a good mood:) I love it!
2. Date night with my husband. The other night, James and I went downtown Dallas to this amazing mall known as the Galleria. Seriously Awesome. Four stories, complete with an ice skating rink, and one of my FAVORITE restaurants–The Grand Lux Cafe. Whenever my mom and aunt and I go to Chicago for a girls weekend, we almost ALWAYS go to the Grand Lux. I guess I didn’t realize it was a chain restaurant, but I am thrilled to have one in Dallas. If you’ve never been there, it’s similar to the Cheesecake Factory, but in my opinion is much better! Needless to say, it was a great evening:) Mom…Aunt Karen…you’re gonna have to come and visit!
|GIANT Christmas tree in the middle of the skating rink!|
1. God has provided both James and myself new jobs this week! So thankful for more and better work for the both of us–God really does provide! We have been really praying for new opportunities the past couple of weeks, and God definitely answered our prayers. So thankful!
What were some of your favorites from the week? Hope you all have a great weekend! God Bless:)