Hello and Happy Friday! Hopefully you all are having a great day so far. I have the day off today, and Samson is cuddled up next to me on the couch as I am writing this, so my day is going pretty good so far:) James and I are having some friends over for dinner tonight, so later I’m going to have to cook—hopefully everything turns out all right! Haha. Anyways, I thought I would share some Friday Favorites from the week/things I am thankful for…
5. We FINALLY have our Internet back! Oh the little things in life. Seriously though, our Internet has been out for three weeks…not cool. The company we have to use down here has been pretty tough to deal with, so I am grateful to finally have it up and running again—makes blogging so much easier!
4. Since we have our Internet back, we were able to Skype with my parents earlier in the week. We haven’t been able to do that for a while, and it was so good to see/talk to them! They are going to be in New Zealand for Christmas this year, so I won’t be able to see them over the holidays, which is quite sad:( But, at least I was able to visit with them for a little bit via Skype before they leave.
3. On Sunday we took Samson for his first car ride (in preparation for his visit to the vet) and he was so good! He just sat on my lap very contentedly the entire time, and eventually fell asleep. I am very thankful that he is okay with cars/travel—travelling with fidgety animals can be a nightmare!
2. So, the back right window in my car has been broken for some time (it won’t go up and down) and I keep meaning to fix it, but just haven’t gotten around to it. Then, a couple of weeks ago, the same thing happened to my front driver’s side window. I am definitely a windows-down kind of person, so this happening was not cool. Plus, it made going through drive-thru lanes rather difficult if you know what I mean. But, earlier this week it just miraculously started working again! I am so grateful, and I hope it doesn’t happen again. I’m so used to having my dad around to fix my car when something goes wrong, and now that he is far away those little problems become much more problematic. So, I’m praying that my car stays in excellent condition from now on:)
1. Financial provision. God has seriously met our needs these past few weeks/months, even when I was afraid it wouldn’t happen. The more I allow myself to trust in him to provide, the more he follows through. I am so grateful to serve a God who takes care of my every need. He has everything under control, and is teaching me to trust in him during this stage of life. SO grateful for everything he has blessed me with!
Well, I hope you all have had a wonderful week. Have a great weekend, and God Bless!